"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 22, 2008

211 days to: "I DO"

The countdown says 211 days until the big day, and I can’t wait!!! As each detail comes together, and I check more and more off of my list of to-dos, I get more excited. Really, it’s not about the flowers (though I am getting a STEAL on them), or the fabulous printing that Lamm is working hard on, or even the dress Mom is making (it is going to rock, BTW). It’s about the fact that after September 20, 2008, I will be married to the love of my life.

I swear Matt is the most perfect match for me imaginable. He has just the right amount of sensitivity, just the right amount of humor, just the right amount of thoughtfulness, just the right amount of strength, just the right amount of ambition, just the right amount of love. I tell him all the time, “You know how to handle me. I’ve never met anyone who could handle me the way you do.” Matt knows just what to do for me if I’m sad, or insecure, or discouraged. He knows when to come by my house when I need him, without me asking him to. He knows when to give me a hug to make me feel better. He knows how to love me the way I need him to.

I know you’re reading this and thinking “BARF” right? I don’t care!!! Hahahaha! I waited a long time for this kind of love. I’ve got a couple of friends that I would look at and think, “I want THAT kind of marriage, that kind of love.” I feel that God has blessed me so much, because I got my wish. I don’t have exactly what they have (because you can’t have EXACTLY what someone else has), but I have my own great love. I thank God everyday for this blessing, for my Matt. And I’m so excited to be his wife!!!

So I will go on planning our wedding day, with fervor and mad organization, but what I’m really excited about is the rest of my life.

Jill ~the bride


No comments: