"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Gratitude

OBVIOUSLY I am grateful throughout the week, not just on Sunday. But I wanted to "take on" something, as well as "give up" something this Lent. SO, as part of my Lenten season Fast from discontent, and feast on gratitude, I have chosen to write a Sunday Gratitude post each week focusing on one thing (of many) that I am grateful for.

For my first post, I chose to write not about the thing that I'm necessarily most grateful for, but the thing that stands out for the week. This Sunday Gratitude is SUNSHINE!!!!! Yesterday was the first day of real, semi-warm, enjoyable SUNSHINE in about 4 months. We truly had a gorgeous weekend here in Chattaboogie, and I was extremely grateful.

I will admit, this winter was seriously starting to wear me down physically and emotionally. The clouds, rain, snow and dreariness were playing a large role in exacerbating my discontent of late. Now obviously I can't blame it all on the weather, but it certainly didn't help. I know that I must take responsibility for the things I was doing, and not doing, to worsen my moods. But I sure was glad to get a little help from my friend SUNSHINE this weekend!!

[she sings, "I get by with a little help from my friends"]

AHEM. Sorry.

So I went to worship this morning, with a grateful heart and a smile on my face, in no small part due to the beautiful SUNSHINE that God gave us this weekend. His whole creation is beautiful; everything He made is perfect.

[she sings, "You make everything glorious, and I am yours! What does that make me?"]

AHEM.

But the SUNSHINE that shown all around and warmed our faces this weekend reminded me that I AM GRATEFUL!! I am grateful to be a child of God, blessed in so many ways. And I will continue to feast on gratitude.


If you want to participate in Sunday Gratitude, write your own and link up here!!!

MckLinky Blog Hop

No comments: