"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

MONDAY Gratitude?

I was SO BUSY Sabbathing yesterday that I totally forgot to blog. Lenten FAIL. But Lent is a process, not automatic perfection.

This week my MONDAY Gratitude is FRIENDS you can count on in a pinch, or small impalement. Regular readers know that we found this wonderful, dream of a home, because some of our BCFF (best couple friends forever) the Oakleys live up the street. Meghan came to small group and told me there was this super cute house that just got finished being remodeled that we needed to go look at. The rest is history.

So today, I had the morning off to make up for working over last week. I thought to myself, "I can bang out this simple cafe curtain for the bathroom before my afternoon meeting. I was having to fight with the fabric to keep it feeding in a straight line when I heard the machine make the CRUNK noise it does when it breaks a needle. Then I looked down and saw this:


OOPS!!!!

Then I walked in circles for a few seconds flapping my arms like a big sissy girl saying in a high pitched voice, "I have an emergency! I have an emergency!" THEN I ran out into the street, flagged down a sweet old lady that lives a few doors down across the street, and asked her to drive me to Meghan's house at the top of the hill.

Once Meghan finally answered the door (HAHA, she saw the strange car and thought it was a sales person!), just knowing she was going to help me caused me to calm down and stop crying. At that point it really didn't hurt that much, I was more scared than anything. We totally "pulled a Debbie"* before going to the hospital. I waited for her to change & brush her teeth, then she drove me down the hill and put the dogs up while I dressed and brush my teeth. I did NOT want to go to the ER in my JJs.

Sweet Meghan called ahead to the ER where she works and I feel I got a little special treatment for the hook-up. ;-) I do appreciate her sacrificing her day off from work, when she was supposed to be working on homework for school, to help out a friend in need. I mean she had to go TO WORK on her day off!

So today, on this MONDAY Gratitude I'm grateful for ALL of our wonderful FRIENDS that God has blessed us with. If you knew how many wonderful people that we call friends, well there isn't a blog post big enough to hold them all. If you're reading this, you're probably one of them!!


*Our friend Debbie lied to her hubby after she started having contractions and down played it so that she was able to take a shower and fix up before delivering their 2nd son! He believed her so much he almost left for work before she fessed up that her water had broken!


2 comments:

Hilary said...

OMG, I would SO NOT HAVE DEALT WITH THIS VERY WELL. I am so glad you were able to handle it and so grateful Meghan could help!! Funny story about your friend Debbie, makes me think of this week's episode of the Office when Pam delayed going to the hospital to have her baby!! LOVE YOU!!

The Laney Family said...

OOOOH this makes me hurt all over! That thing went right through your finger...geez!