"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

1 whole month!!

Monday, Matt and I celebrated one whole month of marriage!!! Ok, so it may not sound like a big deal to all you old married hats out there, but we can’t believe how time has flown. We are adjusting to living with each other, and being that we are both only children and very stubborn in our own rights, that’s saying a lot!!

My biggest fear going into this was dinner. I was so worried about us cooking dinner for a pesco-vegetarian and a full-on carnivore!! We’ve done really well so far. We manage to eat REAL food most of the time (and not resort to hot pockets and cereal but about once a week), and we’ve managed to cook things together for both of us to eat.

Combined banking and finances are truly a blessing, but it’s just going to take some time to get used to. End of story.

Our house is still a wreck. We got tons of lovely gifts from our friends and family, and we are so appreciative. But we have nowhere to put half of it. Our kitchen suffers from a severe lack of cabinet space. We literally have 2 double wall cabinets, 1 double floor cabinet on one side of the sink, and 1 single floor cabinet on the other side of the sink (under-sink storage can only be used to store cleaning products b/c it’s just gross). THAT’S IT!! That’s the only cabinet space in our whole kitchen!! We’ve got to figure out something quick, because all of these gifts sitting in the corner of our dining room is driving me nuts (short trip I know). Don’t worry, a kitchen remodel is on the list – we just can’t swing it until next summer at best.

As promised, I am posting pictures from our fabulous honeymoon in Negril, Jamaica. We had an amazing time and can’t wait to go back!! And we will go back; anyone wanna come with?

1 comment:

Ballentine said...

Jill!! Congratulations and Best Wishes on your marriage! I've enjoyed reading your blog, and keeping up with you... hope to see you in The Grove soon!