"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me! Monday

It's that time again!! To enjoy MckMama's Not Me! Monday, click the link below.



As for me, let me start by saying that I enjoy Not Me Monday whether you enjoy reading it or not! So if you're sick of it, tough.

Last Monday evening, I did not spend the evening making new friends with some ladies from church, UMW Circle 10, who coincidentally DO NOT have their monthly meetings at a restaurant away from the church in an excuse to have kid-free, husband-free, vino-enjoying dinner!! NOPE, these do NOT sound like folks I would hang out with at all, nor do they affirm why I'm a Methodist. Ahh.

On that note, I ABSOLUTELY did NOT wear a Wine Over Water t-shirt to see Steven Curtis Chapman on Faith and Family Night at Riverbend because I thought it would be hilariously ironic!! If I had done that, I wouldn't have been just a teeny bit embarrassed to run into friends from the Emmaus Community wearing said shirt.

I did not spend most of the concert sending unanswered text messages to my husband in bumble Kentucky where he could not receive them because I missed him so much.

I definitely DID NOT spend most of the time that Steven Curtis Chapman was talking about his adoption ministry Show Hope thinking about the possibility of a blended family of my own some day!! Nope, NOT ME!!

I did not spend each night Matt was away on his golf trip up past 1 am because I could not sleep. Not me!!

I did not fib about a stomach bug so that I could stay home from work and sew on Wednesday, only to find myself in the toilet minutes later with, you guessed it, an upset stomach. That Kharma's a bitch I tell ya.

If I had done that, I still would not have enjoyed staying home and sewing on Wednesday in spite of physical ailments!!! :D

On same said Wednesday, I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT send a mass email venting my frustrations about cancer (see post below) with the title Cancer Can Kiss My Ass to friends, family, and oops the pastors at church!!!! NOPE, NOT ME!!!!!!!

I was not so excited to see my husband when he got home on Thursday that I totally forgot about a phone call consultation I had arranged earlier in the week, not me!

I did not totally screw up our Saturday plans by thinking a birthday party that was actually 2-4pm was 4-6pm and we did not show up 15 minutes before it was over!! nope, not me!!

I was NOT totally mortified at the messy condition of our house on Saturday when my friend had to come over and feed and walk the dogs while we were in ATL.

I did not spend a couple of hours on the couch Sunday napping, furthur complicating my attempts to fall asleep at night. Nope, NOT ME!

No comments: