"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 21, 2011

Seriously, GET OUT!

I'm one week from my due date and this baby needs to GET OUT. My beloved checklist is almost finished (only cooking and thank you notes left, and I doubt those will get done). Sweet Pea dropped 3 weeks ago, my feet are swelling so that I've tossed my shoes for Chacos, and I survived the biggest full moon in 20 years without going in to labor. This kid is truly stubborn, which is not a surprise considering his/her parents and extended family. The "mule" is strong in this one. But seriously, GET OUT.

In the mean time, I want you to know that I love all of my well-meaning friends and family, I do. But texting me every day asking if I've had a baby yet only reminds me that I'm still pregnant, and rather pissed off about it. Trust me folks, NO ONE wants me to have this baby already more than ME. Take your desires to meet, hold, see pictures of and know the sex of the baby and multiply them by 1 billion, that's where I am. CHILL OUT. I will let you know when Sweet Pea gets here. Until then, messages of "I'm thinking about you" and "I hope you are having a good day" are well appreciated. That is all.

4 comments:

Meg said...

Hehe, that wss a funny post. Just remember you are almost done.

I'm thinking about you, lol.

Ballentine said...

Awww Jill!! I'm thinking about you!! I actually tipped a hair dresser to talk about something other than me being pregnant when I was about 5 days over due :) Being pregnant is such a fun experience try to treasure it as much as your body will allow you to, this like everyother stage of Sweet Pea's baby-hood is going to fly by, and you'll miss the days of quiet when you were the only one in the world to know those sweet flutters!

Anita Kay said...

Oh wow do I feel you on the phone calls, etc. We couldn't call a family member for the last two weeks of my first pregnancy without them immediately answering, "Is it TIME?" I wanted to scream, "NO and thanks for rubbing it in!" every time. :)

Can't wait to hear how everything goes (oh, and I hope you're having a good day...or whatever you want me to say at the end of this post!)

The Laney Family said...

so, Jill, when are you going to have that baby? hahahahaha...JUST PLAYING!! love you friend! praying for you...HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY!!! :)