"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

My NOT ME Monday!!!

So, I am still keeping up with Stellan and the entire McKFamily after his heart surgery. It will be a long road ahead for him. But McKMama has this great tradition called Not Me! Mondays. It's a way of confessing how human you are in a sarcastic way, but I'm NEVER sarcastic. Not Me! GET IT?? To read McKMama's Not Me! Monday entries, click this button.



She says it can be liberating to live your life with this kind of honesty, so here goes.

I would NEVER wait until 30 minutes before small group to read the passages for the week, Not Me! Especially on a week I was leading discussion, no I would never do that.

I would never, EVER even THINK of waiting until 10 days before we are leaving for our godson Joshua's baby dedication in Arkansas to PULL OUT the PATTERN for his outfit. No, NOT ME!!!

I wouldn't be jealous of friends' opportunities and wallow in self pity. NEVER, Not Me!

I wouldn't neglect quiet time with my Lord, or forget to pray for people I've promised prayers for, Not Me!

I would never waste too much time on the internet when I should be doing productive things, Not Me!!

I wouldn't hit the snooze so many times that I ran out of time to shower before work. I would never wash my face, brush my teeth, freshen my deodorant, flat iron my hair, get dressed and think, "All I did was go to church and sew yesterday. How dirty could I be??" NO NOT ME!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I've done almost all things listed of your "not me"s. It must run in the "family". :)