"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trip to Arkansas

So I promised to write more about our trip to Arkansas for Mother's Day. It was SO wonderful. I really miss Molly because she lives so far away, I don't see her much. She is one of my dearest friends from college and I just cherish spending time with her. She also gets along splendidly with Matt (basically she laughs at all of his jokes and means it!), which makes it that much more enjoyable to spend time with her. Pictorial evidence...


Yes they are playing with deer antlers at the Nature Center!!

I was so honored last year after Joshua was born when she asked me to be his godmother. I have a wonderful relationship with my own godmother, and I so look forward to the special relationship that Joshua and I will have. Matt asked if he is the godfather, since I am the godmother, and I informed him that he got the job by default! Until this weekend, he argued that he never signed on to it, so he can't be held responsible. He's not arguing anymore, Joshua and Matt are big buddies now... case in point.


























Molly cooked some WONDERFUL food for us (I learned how to make Chinese dumplings from scratch). We had fun really just hanging out. There were a couple of older ladies in the grocery store (Matt went on a run while we went out) that were fishing to see if Joshua had 2 mommies (I think it's my new glasses plus the short hair)!!! I'm always flattered to be mistaken for "family"!


We had a great time Saturday at the Crowley's Ridge Nature Center, especially since it was FREE!!! Molly put on a great puppet show for us about a squirrel named "NuttBag". As you can see, Matt enjoyed the show as much as Joshua if not more! But most of the time we chilled at home and just caught up on life and played with Joshua.

He's really not terrified of me, REALLY!























Sunday was Joshua's baby dedication at Molly's church. It was wonderful to see her stand in front of her congregation of peers and promise to raise Joshua in a Christian home. I hope as his godparents we will set a Christian example for him as well.


It was a fabulous weekend, and I was still beaming even yesterday. I am looking forward to a (tentative) visit from Molly and Joshua in August!!!

No comments: