"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

First night...

Well, I survived. The Walk to Emmaus brought the first night that Matt and I have been apart since getting married 6 months ago. I don't know how Matt is doing on his Walk (they tell the spouses to stay away as much as possible to not be a distraction), but I had a rough night!

The Walk to Emmaus in Chattanooga is held at Camp Lookout (on Lookout Mtn about 40 minutes from our house). Matt told me at dinner before I took him up the mountain that he forgot to pack a TOWEL! Dangit! They have a pretty strict schedule for the weekend, so there was no going home to get it before going up. I didn't leave the mountain until about 9:45pm. I got home, walked dogs, packed a towel, drove back up the mountain, dropped it off, and drove back home. I finally got in bed last night, totally exhausted, at about 12:15am. What? Sleep? NO, I was SO tired and SO without husband that I couldn't fall asleep!!! It seemed like an eternity before I finally fell asleep. Oh, and BTW I had to get up at 6am this morning, no excuses - must be up.

As I write this, I wonder, why the heck am I up now??? I'm exhausted.

Anyway, I hope Matt is being blessed by his Walk. No matter what it was all worth it. I love him, and I miss him a lot!!!

1 comment:

Anna B said...

cute cute cute! sorry it was a rough night...but TOTALLY worth it!