"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

It's our Anni!!! 6 whole months of married life!

It's our anni! That's what Matt calls it because it's half of an anniversary; I call it our 6-monthiversary. Matt and I have been married 6 months today, and our wedding day is still such a clear memory. I always heard people say that their wedding day is a blur, but mine isn't. I feel fortunate to have been able to really savor and enjoy each part of the day.

One of my favorite memories of our wedding day was being alone that morning. I had banished all visitors from the premisis on Friday so that I could have the evening and morning to myself at home (I'm such a smart cookie). I actually had a horrible headache for much of the day and night on Friday, I hope I hid it well. After the rehearsal dinner I went home, took my headache meds, and went to sleep - I think I got 9 hours! It was wonderful. I woke up on Saturday morning, pulled out my Bible and read about Jesus visiting a wedding in Cana (Luke Ch4, where He performed His first miracle), and also about the disciples traveling on the road to Emmaus with a "stranger" (Luke 24:13-35). I had some quiet time, did some yoga, took a long hot shower, and then the phone started ringing... the end of my perfect, peaceful wedding morning.

Matt and I have talked a lot about "how are we doing at this newlywed thing?" and we agree that it's going well. Getting used to living with and sharing a home that you've occupied alone (for the most part) with someone else was difficult for me. The shared banking took a while for both of us to get used to. But all in all, I am so happy to have him with me all the time and to go to bed next to him everynight. I think he likes me too ;) although, he does blame the fact that I "cook from scratch" on his weight gain! I'm sorry, Hot Pockets and canned soup are not grown-up meals! Anyone who knows me knows that I make healthy food!

Anyway, since September 20, 2008, we have been to Jamaica, did the fall thing, elected a new President, started our own family traditions, celebrated the holidays, added to our pet family, and considered starting a cottage industry business. WHEW, I'm exhausted just thinking about it! It's been the best 6 months of my life and we are truly happy!!! We pray that it only gets better from here!

3 comments:

The Laney Family said...

Happy Anni! I hope you have many more! married life is wonderful...
much love!

Ashley said...

Congrats on 6 wonderful months together as Hubby & Wifey! Loves!

Sally said...

Wow! What an anni it's been! Congrats, y'all!