"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure." Psalm 71:14-15

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Second night...

Well, it's a little harder than it may seem to entertain oneself with no husband and no TV (we gave up TV for Lent this year). So, I decided some RETAIL therapy was needed to distract myself from what would be date night! Matt and I discussed that I needed new clothes and since he was going on a golf trip this summer, I could shop! WOOHOO. I did most of my shopping online at Victoria's Secret (yes, for clothes not the other stuff)! They're running some great deals on dress pants (free shipping and some are on sale) and 20% off knit tops and tees. So I got lots of new stuff including my Easter outfit! This top in white with this skirt!! I'm so excited!

After work, I came home quick to feed and walk dogs, then I headed to Hamilton Place. I was looking for new shoes to replace the ones I wear with ALL my summer dresses (I've had them for MANY years and they need replacing). They are a shimmery bone/light taupe sandal that I LOVE. No luck on shoes, but I did find a new purse and a few tops. I met a couple of friends for a short dinner and then headed home.

On my way home, I thought "hey, Sonic sounds good." So I pulled into the Sonic on Dayton Blvd. I'm listening to J103, waiting for my Reese's Cup Blast, and all of the sudden... putt putt dead. CRAP!! Not again! YES, earlier this week, AT THE VERY SAME SONIC, my car battery died! THE VERY SAME MANAGER came out and jumped me off. Needless to say, I was mortified and a new battery is on the to-do list today.

I came home, played around on the internet a little, started some laundry, and went to bed. This time, I had sense enough to take my trusty teddy bear Amanda with me. I slept much better. I've had her since my Papaw died when I was 14, and she's always helped me get through the hard nights!! My prayer is that Matt and all the other Pilgrims are continually blessed this weekend.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Cute outfit! Wish I was with you for some retail therapy--my clothes are in desperate need of an overhaul!